Re: [aspectj-users] Problem with AJDT Eclipse plug-in

Hi,

I also experienced this problem while using AJDT for Eclipse. Later I discovered that if I directly runs the project without first compiling it and there are compile-time errors in code, then AJDT runs the old configuration. However it generates error messages in the corresponding window.

Also note that AJDT do not compiles an unsaved file!

Regards,

Aamir Raheem,

FAST-NU Pakistan.

>From: Matt Chapman <MCHAPMAN@xxxxxxxxxx>
>To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] Problem with AJDT Eclipse plug-in
>Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 09:27:57 +0100

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! MSN Messenger Download today it's FREE! Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII"
Manjula Jayaraman <manjuv123@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 25/05/2005 03:01:53:
> We recently started using Aspect J. We are using AJDT
> Eclipse plug-in. Whenever we enable Aspect J (Convert
> Project to Aspect J Project), if we make changes in
> the JUnit tests for example and run it (auto compile
> turned on), it does NOT run the latest modified
> version of JUnit tests but the older version. Could
> someone please let me know why it behaves like that?
> If we remove the Aspect J nature of the Project,
> everything works fine. Is it that aspect j plug-in
> caches the older versions?
>
> Please note that i'm using Eclipse 3.0.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Manjula

Hi,

That doesn't sound right. Please could you raise an AJDT bug:

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AJDT

Do you have multiple source folders? As a Java project, did you select the option to allow separate output folders for each source folder? Please include this information on the bug report. It would be very helpful if you could attach a cut-down project that reproduces the problem.

Regards,

Matt.

--
Matt Chapman, mchapman@xxxxxxxxxx