[aspectj-users] Marker Interface and Abstract Pointcut

Hi,
I want a few of my classes to implement the same advice, so I created an aspect with a marker interface and an abstract pointcut as follows:

abstract public aspect SynchMethods {

          public interface Synch {}
          abstract pointcut synchCall(Synch s);
}

Now, in a another aspect where I want to concretize the pointcut, I am doing:

declare parents: AbstractPublisher implements SynchMethods.Synch;

pointcut synchCall(AbstractPublisher a) : target(a) && execution(public void addSubscriber(TransactionSubscriber))

However, I keep getting the following compile error:

can't override pointcut aspects.multithread.weave.SynchMethods.synchCall(aspects.multithread.weave.SynchMethods$Synch) with pointcut aspects.multithread.weave.ThreadAbstractPublisher.synchCall(org.prevayler.implementation.publishing.AbstractPublisher) parameter types don't match ThreadAbstractPublisher.aj
I am not sure why I am getting this error when I have declared AbstractPublisher to implement the Synch interface. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Sincerely,
Irum Godil.