Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.5 and JDK 1.3/1.4 annotation style

Hi

M2 does not. M3 will but only on Java 5. We are trying to see how a
doclet approach (jdk 1.3 / 1.4) would fit, especially in regards of
tool support.
Could you tell us some more about what you expect in this area, how
you are planning to use it, if you will require source level support
from AJDT as well for such aspects etc.

My first idea would be to handle such a case by using a dependant
project in AJDT, where I write aspect with doclets, use backport175 to
turn the doclets in real java 5 like annotation in the compiled class
(using a Ant base builder), and let AJDT deal with the aspects in my
main AspectJ nature enabled project as if they were binary compiled
aspects. Did not had time to ty yet but I will for M3. That s the idea
if we don't provide any special integration down to jdk 1.3/ 1.4.
http://backport175.codehaus.org
Alex