[aspectj-users] What's a recommended practice regarding uniform exception handling using AOP?

Greetings!

I'd like to ask what is a recommended practice regarding uniform exception handling using AOP. We can write an aspect that captures exceptions and process them in a fashion that suits our needs. So I feel that I don't have to write Exception.printStackTrace(); or similar hardcoded exception handling anymore (except for business-specific exception handling, of course). However, this would look like notorious exception silencing to an outside observer.

try
{
}
catch (Exception e)
{
}

Is this acceptable since I use aspects as a concrete part of the design (i.e. production aspects)? Is there another approach?

Regards,
Dmitri

Back to the top