RE: [aspectj-users] Addressing classes that arent being compiled

Hi Mark,

If you try :
pointcut textFieldInit () :
        call(JTextField+.new(..));

Object around () : textFieldInit()
{
       Object obj = proceed();
       JTextField txtFldInit = (JTextField)obj;
       System.out.println("TextFieldInit!" + txtFldInit);
	 return txtFldInit;
}

You are using an around advice instead of 'after returning'.  When you
call the proceed() method in an around advice - this carries out the
method being advises, and returns values as normal.  In this case it
returns your newly created JTextField, which you can then use in your
advice.

Regards,

Fintan