[aspectj-users] Addressing classes that arent being compiled

Hello,

I'm new to AspectJ, and am very interested in it, but ran into a few limitation I think. Ideally I would like my programs to contain separate modules, say a GUI and a main program, without each of these being aware of eachother. So I was just experimenting with this via AspectJ, and ran into the following:

pointcut textFieldInit (JTextField textField) :
      initialization(JTextField.new(..)) && this(textField);

after (JTextField textField) : textFieldInit(textField)
{
System.out.println("TextFieldInit!" + textField); } But this does not seem to work (only with classes that I have defined myself), I think because the weaver cannot edit the class files of JTextField. This makes sense to me but how else could you do anything sensible with a GUI? Are there any examples where aspectJ binds a swing GUI to the program?

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Back to the top