RE: [aspectj-users] No aspectjtools.jar

you can try that ... and it may work if the classpath used when invoking
ant
includes some of the eclipse plugin jars on its path (core/resources and
osgi I
think it is) - but if you run it entirely outside of eclipse, I believe it
will fail.

After a bit of investigation here ...

AJDT is currently 12Meg to download

aspectjtools.jar is ~6.5 Meg

ajde.jar is ~5 Meg

So we can:

- include aspectjtools.jar in AJDT.  This will increase the download size
of AJDT
  by 50%
- include 'the bits missing from ajde.jar' in another jar in AJDT.  This
will
  increase AJDT size by 1.5Meg but means you have to put two jars on your
classpath
  in your ANT scripts (and will mean configuration for build.xml to use
iajc inside
  AJDT will be different to outside AJDT)
- in addition to (2) ship a bit of ant xml that puts them together into a
  local aspectjtools.jar in org.aspectj.ajde

Andy.

             "Conway. Fintan
             (IT Solutions)"
             <Fintan.Conway@es                                          To
             b.ie>                     <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             aspectj-users-bou
             nces@xxxxxxxxxxx                                      Subject
                                       RE: [aspectj-users] No
                                       aspectjtools.jar
             13/04/2005 14:11

             Please respond to
             aspectj-users@ecl
                 ipse.org

Coincidentally enough the aspectjTaskDefs.properties file is located in the
ajde.jar in the same place as it was in the aspectjtools.jar.

I will try this instead.

Thanks Andy,

Fintan