Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT for Eclipse 3.1M6?

Thanks for the information! I'll wait, then.

Will you also notify subscribers to the aspectj-users mailing list
when the version supporting M6 is released? I'm not on the -dev list,
nor do I follow the newsgroups. I do, however, read the -users list,
and I'm sure I'm not the only one here interested in the new version.

Keep up the good work!

Regards,

Robert

On Apr 6, 2005 8:57 AM, Matt Chapman <MCHAPMAN@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> <robert.buren@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 06/04/2005 07:39:13:
> > Is there a version of AspectJ/AJDT that works well with the new
> > Eclipse 3.1M6? Which one?
> >
> > (I guess I could try it myself, but I really want to minimize the risk
> > messing with my working environment based on Eclipse 3.1M5a.)
>
> Hi Robert,
>
> You're right to be cautious. M6 is not yet fully supported by AJDT, but
> will be very soon. Please see my recent response to a similar question on
> the aspectj-dev list for more details, or wait for a post to the AJDT
> newsgroup and dev list saying a development build is ready. The AJDT
> download page will then include a build for "M6 only". As a general rule,
> there is almost always enough change between Eclipse milestone builds such
> that a given version of AJDT for one milestone build will not work on
> another.
>
> Regards,
>
> Matt.
>
> --