[aspectj-users] Default implementations in an interface causing creation of extra methods in an interface

                           Hi!

  I just stumbled into a strange thing. I have an interface that I
provide some default implementations (using introductions) and advice.
All works fine. Now, I tried to implement this interface in an
non-aspectj project using the jar produced by ajc and the compiler
complained I have to implement a bunch of methods that have obviously
been introduced into the interface by the aspectj compiler, e.g.

Class must implement the inherited abstract method
Transaction.ajc$interFieldGet$fi_napa_core_tableprocessing_transfer_link
_TransactionDefaultImplementationAspect$fi_napa_core_tableprocessing_tra
nsfer_link_Transaction$_isClosed()	SimpleReadTransaction.java
sample_link/src/fi/napa/core/tableprocessing/transfer/link/sample
line 34	March 30, 2005 9:23:09 AM

  Now, if I want to provide an interface I want others to be able to
implement (without necessarily using aspectj), can I not use advice &
introductions for it within my own project?

      -Antti-

Back to the top