[aspectj-users] aspectJ, Ant and bigger projects

First of all thanks Alex for answering my last question.

I just got another one: I'm trying to incorporate AspectJ in a bigger project -- the project is currently compiled using Ant and Sun javac.

What do you suggest: build everything to jar files using javac, and weave in the aspects afterwards? (does this technique work, if javac without debugging information is used?)

Or would you do it all with the iajc ant task? (If so, what would you suggest to prevent recompilation of everything if Aspect Files haven't changed? How do you prevent recompilation of everything if only a few (Java only) files have changed?

Thanks a lot,
Simon

Back to the top