From: Irum Godil <softwarengineer2004@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "AJDT USER" <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Mar-9-2005 9:36 AM
Subject: [aspectj-users] Problems using iajc with Ant
Hi,

I am trying to use the iajc compiler to build aspects, and I keep getting the error:

[iajc] C:\Derby\aspderby\java\build\org\apache\derbyBuild\classlister.java:23 [error] The import org.apache.derby cannot be resolved
[iajc] import org.apache.derby.iapi.services.classfile.*;
[iajc] ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am not getting this error with javac, I am attaching the build.xml file.
I saw a posting on the eclipse list at: http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/aspectj-users/msg02560.html where the same problem has been addressed:
"The imports that iajc was complaining about were not listed as inputs in my
build.xml file. After adding them, iajc compiled them fine. What's peculiar is
that the 'javac' task didn't complain about the missing input files. Perhaps
the 'javac' task searches for referenced, but missing, classes? I don't know,
just speculating."
I tried adding the above folder in my class path, but I still keep getting the same error. Can someone please tell me how to get around this issue?
Thanks.
Sincerely,
Irum Godil.

Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!