Re: [aspectj-users] AOP and Industry

I just got back from JBossWorld and they have several new projects which are using AOP heavily. Looks like EJB3.0 is also pretty strongly AOP-based. What's happening is that Java 1.5 annotations are becoming markers for aspects, this is similar to some usage in .NET. By flagging a class/method with the annotation, you are signalling for an aspect to be applied there which provides some service like management,
transaction control, or whatever.

Thing is, it's not obvious that the annotation implies that AOP is going on, so it might slip under the radar.

Andre Dantas Rocha wrote:

Hi,
I'm looking for real examples of AOP adoption in industry (besides logging and tracing). Where can I find it? Thanks, André

Back to the top