[aspectj-users] Aspects in dependent projects in Eclipse

Hi,

I'm new to AspectJ and plan to do the following task:

1) I have an existing Eclipse project (regular, i.e. NOT AspectJ), which I want to modify without touching it
2) I created a new AspectJ project and made it dependent on the first one
3) I created a join point for a method in the first project

Here's the problem:

The AJDT outline browser shows the join point and advice, but it doesn't resolve the target of the join point in the first project. When I run the first project, it is obviously not aware of AspectJ (since it's a regular java project) and so ignores my advices.

Question:

How can I create join points for an existing Eclipse project without modifying this original project?

Thanks for your help,

Matthias

--
Matthias Orgler