Re: [aspectj-users] JAVA5 Annotations

You need to run ajc on a 1.5 JRE, then it will be able to find
java.lang.annotation.*

Andy.

             Rodrigo Gonçalves
             <locomotiva_diese
             l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                            To
             Sent by:                  aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
             aspectj-users-adm                                          cc
             in@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       [aspectj-users] JAVA5 Annotations
             24/02/2005 08:31

             Please respond to
             aspectj-users@ecl
                 ipse.org

Hello!

I'm trying to write an aspect that contains a pointcut that captures JAVA5
Annotations. I also have a couple of classes annotated.

I'm getting some nasty messages from ajc when it comes to processing the
Annotations.

I was wondering if you need to import the java.lang.annotation.*; package
in order to process the annotations. So I included the afforementioned
import in the code but ajc says it cannot resolve the package.

I'm running ajc on a somewhat old machine with J2RE1.4.1_02 (also somewhat
old), and I'm using AspectJ 1.5.0 M1 running on a MS-DOS Shell.

So, is the problem in using J2RE1.4.1_02 or on the innability of ajc in
getting java.lang.annotation.*; ?

I would appreciate if someone could help.

Thanks!

Rodrigo

http://br.download.yahoo.com/messenger/

Back to the top