Re: [aspectj-users] @this(@Foo) does not work (solved)

Andrew Clement wrote:

I just tried the example program AtTarget1 (way down this thread) in
AJDT 1.2.0.20020517151031 under Eclipse 3.1M4 and it worked for me,

I think, you mean 20050217151031

producing the output:

Color = yellow
method

I had to add the 1.5.0 system libraries and switch the project

otherwise it would not compile (annotation package is missing)

build option to 5.0 (in project properties, first page of JavaCompiler
options).

I switched all to 5.0 - compiler compliance level, JRE System library. Even in the Windows->Preferences I found the switch "Enable Java 5 weaving behaviour" under the AspectJ/Compiler settings which I tried.

I'm not quite sure why it's not working for you? Are you doing
anything different to what I've described above?  Do the gutter
annotations appear for these two lines when you compile it:

new AtTarget1().m();

System.err.println("method");

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - I forgot to add the AspectJ nature to this test project :-( I tried all different switches but didn't realize the missing ApectJ nature. Sorry for that.

thank you for your help
Oliver
--
Oliver Böhm