[aspectj-users] Re: [ajdt-dev] ADJT and Servlets

Joao,

Do you mean Tomcat 5.1? I am using AspectJ with Tomcat 5.5 and I haven't had any problems. Because AspectJ compiles to standard Java bytecode, I suspect the problem is with your aspects rather than with Tomcat. Are you using the call() pointcut for your servlets? Because the container will be calling your servlets, you would have to weave Tomcat JAR files to see any effects, which is probably not what you want. Try using the execution() pointcut instead. If that doesn't work, can you give us some more information on what problem you are having and what your aspect looks like?

BTW: this should probably be discussed on the aspectj-users mailing list, not on ajdt-dev. I'm replying there instead.

cheers,
-adrian.

João Batalha wrote:

Hello there.

I'm quite new in aspectj and i'm having troubles on working with aaspects and servlets. I've manage to create a web application in eclipse and then i give a AspectJ Nature but i seems that the aspects are not compiled and used in tomcat 1.5 that i am using.
Does anyone as any idea of how to put this to work?
Thanks.

--

*João Batalha*
Software Engineer