Re: [aspectj-users] generate a StackTraceElement

> pointcut advices(JoinPoint jp): adviceexecution() && args(jp) &&
> within(...)

You can't bind the JoinPoint available in advice this way.

The code below works, logging all the adviceexecution
join points.

Valerio, do you instead want to log the join points being
advised by the advice (in Main below, staticinitialization
and method-execution)?  If the pointcuts were named and
enumerable, you could do that, but it's awkward.  What's
the use-case for this? Does the variable
thisEnclosingJoinPointStaticPart help?

Wes

------------------ bug/Main.java
package bugs;

import org.aspectj.lang.JoinPoint;
import org.aspectj.lang.Signature;
import org.aspectj.lang.reflect.SourceLocation;

/**
 */
public class Main {

    }
}
aspect A {
    before() : within(Main) {
        System.out.println("before() "
             + thisJoinPointStaticPart);
    }
}
aspect B implements IAspect {
    before() : adviceexecution() && !within(B) {
        log(thisJoinPointStaticPart);
    }
    void log(JoinPoint.StaticPart jp) {
        Signature sig = jp.getSignature();
        SourceLocation loc = jp.getSourceLocation();
        StackTraceElement ste = new StackTraceElement
            (sig.getDeclaringType().getName(), sig.getName(),
                loc.getFileName(), loc.getLine());
        System.out.println("BeforeAndAfter advice: "+ ste);
    }
}