Re: [aspectj-users] Reusable aspects that have concrete aspects in different packages

I think SubjectObserverProtocolImpl.aj is missing some import statements.

-Ramnivas

===
Ramnivas Laddad,
Author, AspectJ in Action
http://ramnivas.com

Dmitri Mamrukov wrote:

Greetings!

I was exploring the possibility to introduce reusable aspects into my project. So I wrote an abstract aspect A in one package and an implementation aspect that concretizes the abstract aspect A in a *different* package. However, I get a compile error "inherited abstract pointcut ... is not made concrete in ...".

For instance, after I added the Subject-Observer Protocol example (examples/observer) to my Eclipse workspace, I created another package observer.xxx and moved observer.SubjectObserverProtocolImpl.aj to that new package observer.xxx. (In meanwhile, I accordingly modified the visibility of classes in the package observer and their methods and added appropriate imports to observer.xxx.SubjectObserverProtocolImpl.aj.)

This way I get a compile error:

"inherited abstract pointcut observer.SubjectObserverProtocol.stateChanges(observer.Subject) is not made concrete in observer.xxx.SubjectObserverProtocolImpl SubjectObserverProtocol.aj Observer Example/src/observer"

Am I missing anything? Do I have to confine abstract and concrete aspects to the same package? Is there a way to write concretizing aspects in different packages?

Any suggestion would be appreciated,
Dmitri