Re: [aspectj-users] AOP and Digital Television

The old old old version of ajc (pre 1.1) produced intermediate source.
Nowadays you have to use a decompiler to get back to source
since ajc 1.1 onwards produces .class files directly.
You *could* try decompiling the files affected
by aspects and recompiling them with a 1.1 JDK.

We have had problems in the past where the generated code didn't
run on a 1.1 JVM.  Do I take it the application all worked apart
from the advice in the aspect not being called?

It sounds like a bug you should raise in bugzilla, ideally
attaching the offending code if you can?

cheers,
Andy.
---
Andy Clement
AspectJ

Arto Pastinen <arto.pastinen@xxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

04/02/2005 13:47

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
Re: [aspectj-users] AOP and Digital Television

Hi!

I think that he means that first compile aspects with ajc to java
sources. You see, ajc compiler will make *.java source files.
.. and THEN, use standard compiler to compile those files.

Artsi