Re: [aspectj-users] newbie question on how to use AOP

Danijel,

That is certainly a good first step.  If you look at the FAQ (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/aspectj-home/doc/faq.html?rev=1.4#q:startUsingAJ) you can see other stages.  When you feel more comfortable with AOP, you can begin to use it as an integral part of your system.  If you stick to the auxilliary aspects only, you will lose some of the benefits that AOP can provide, but this may be an acceptable trade-off for many people.

cheers,
-adrian.
--
Adrian Powell
Centre for IBM e-Business Innovation :: Vancouver

"Danijel Arsenovski" <darsenovski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

02/01/2005 02:01 PM

Please respond to
aspectj-users

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] newbie question on how to use AOP

Hi,

Just started going through AspectJ in Action..
It seems to me that right way to use aspects is to write code in that way so the main line of execution can compile and run in pure java even if no aspects are compiled/created.
In that case code will only lack these characteristics, but will still execute perfectly well.
For example, this means that if we use aspects for logging, pure java code should execute as well in both cases, with and without aspects. Of course, logging will be performed only in case where aspects are used…

Is this observation obvious, or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Danijel