RE: [aspectj-users] eclipse AspectJ Book

Right, the developments in AJDT and Eclipse have indeed led to a somewhat
complicated picture. In order to support both Eclipse 3.0 and 3.1 releases
we've had to produce two variants of AJDT, and the changes in the Eclipse
3.1 milestone builds means you have to accurately match a particular
Eclipse build with particular builds of AJDT.

So here it is, the definitive list of matching versions:

AJDT                                            Eclipse
1.1.4                                           2.1.3
1.1.12                                  3.0.0, 3.0.1
1.2.0M1                                 3.0.1
1.2.0.M2 for 3.0                                3.0.1
1.2.0.M2 for 3.1                                3.1M3
1.2.0.20050124144759 for 3.1            3.1M4

Any combination not on this list is likely to have problems.

To the original poster, Gerry: to follow along with the book I recommend
AJDT 1.1.12 and Eclipse 3.0.1. If you still have problems with this,
please try the helpful suggestions from Wes, and then if necessary raise a
bug so we can investigate further.

To Charlie: as per the above list, AJDT 1.2.0M2 and Eclipse 3.1M3 should
be a good combination. But as noted there are two different builds of AJDT
1.2.0M2. Please try uninstalling, and then reinstalling AJDT,
double-checking you pick up the right one. Again, if you can't get it
working, please raise a bug. Note also that the stable stream, 1.1.12, is
for Eclipse 3.0 only 1.1.12 + 3.1M3 is not on the list (after all 1.1.12
was released before 3.1M3).

Finally, some useful links:

The AJDT download page:
http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/download.html

To report an AJDT bug:
https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=AJDT
Please make sure you include details of both your AJDT and Eclipse
versions!

Happy AJDT'ing,

Matt.

--
Matt Chapman, mchapman@xxxxxxxxxx
AJDT Development, http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt

"Charles Daniels" <cjd4@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 30/01/2005 00:02:25:
> Yes, I suppose so, but the release notes for AJDT 1.2.0 M2 says it works
> with Eclipse 3.1 M3.  I understand that milestone releases are just
> that, so I don't expect them to be bug free, but I expect that I should
> at least be able to open an aj file without blowing up, no?  Otherwise
> how can they claim that the release works at all?  I imagine I have
> something configured incorrectly.  I will first attempt to download the
> stable stream for AJDT (1.1.12 I believe) and see if that works with 3.1
> M3.

Back to the top