[aspectj-users] load-time weaving plans?

The LTW page in the Developer's Workbook (http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/ajdk15notebook/ltw-configuration.html) looks exciting.  Is this still a vision, or are any of these pieces available today?

I've found the performance of the AJDT weaver to be a common gripe with some teammates and even though the AJ team has made some impressive gains, there is still a large gap.  I wonder if the AW LTW would be a good tool for development, when we are constantly saving, and so rebuilding.  In the full build and deploy, we can still use the static weaver for runtime performance.  It seems an easy (if maybe inelegant) way to get immediate and dramatic performance improvements.

Thoughts?  Has any one else tried this out?  What is the vision for merging AW with AJ?

cheers,
-adrian.
--
Adrian Powell
Centre for IBM e-Business Innovation :: Vancouver

Back to the top