Re: [aspectj-users] Eclipse code controller

Andrea <situa@xxxxxxxx> wrote on 21/01/2005 10:58:54:
> Hello,
> I'm enjoying programming in AspectJ under Eclipse: everything is really
> comfortable,
> bu I have a little problem: after installing AJDT (1.1.12 on 3.0.0
> eclipse, with web update)
> the code assistant has gone mad: it completely disappeared! It does not
> notify me when
> I use a class that's not on the class path, it doesn't underline syntax
> errors and doesn't
> underline in red invalid names and classes....
> It was really helpful, I  did not explicitely disabled any feature,
> apart from installing AJDT:
> does anybody of you know wether it's normal? I'm not so experienced in
> Eclipse but
> I'd really liker to have that feature back! :-)

Hi Andrea,

Are you referring to the error notifications which occur *before* you save
your changes and a build occurs? This is the result of the eager parser in
Eclipse's Java support. You should of course see accurate syntax errors
after a build. The Java eager parser doesn't understand AspectJ syntax,
and so it gets disabled. You can re-enable it in the Eclipse perferences
(Java > Editor > Typing > Analyze annotations while typing), but it will
then flag any AspectJ syntax as an error.

We've been working to address this type of issue in the AJDT 1.2 line, and
we have an eager parser which updates the structure of your source file in
the package explorer and outline view as you type, but this is not yet
enabled in the editor. There are also other improvements, including better
support for incremental compilation, so you will at least see any syntax
errors without having to perform a full build. The latest 1.2 milestone
release is M2, available from the AJDT download page.

Regards,

Matt.

Back to the top