Re: [aspectj-users] AspectJ and metadata

hi adrian,

Thanks for your insight. Our project isn't as advanced as yours, so it is really helpful to learn from you.
in terms of aspect usage its not that advanced. we use it mostly for
intertype declarations and blackbox testing.

Did you do all of this extraction manually? Did you end up having to manually maintain a lot of .hbm.xml
the first step was really easy as we simply moved the generated hbm
files into our source tree and removed any xdoclet code from our
classes. then we streamlined the hbm files as they contain a lot
of stuff you dont really need (eg. type attributes and all the things
hibernate gets from reflection if necessary). so it was a delicate
(because you had to check not to delete important stuff) but straight forward process.

files, and how did this compare to the earlier XDoclet implementation?
like i allready said: xdoclet was getting into our way big time. it
was practically begging to be removed ;-)

ciao robertj