[aspectj-users] cflow across thread or processes

Hello,

I wonder if there is any good practice to let aspects communicate over
thread and process boundaries. I have an aspect that catches method calls
"in the front", and "backend" aspects that are active within the cflow of
the "root"  aspect. These "backend" and "root" aspects need to be related to
each other: I need to know which "backend" instance is active within the
cflow of which "root" instance. Currently I have this:

"Root aspect"

public abstract aspect RecordingAspect percflow(instrumentedMethods()) {
	...etcetera
}

"Backend aspect"

protected RecordingAspect getRootAspect() {
	return RecordingAspect.aspectOf();
}

This works in my simple test case: but I expect this will not work outside a
single VM, or even across thread boundaries. Is there any good practice to
solve this issue?

Grtz,

Serge.

Serge Beaumont

Technisch Architect
Sogeti Nederland B.V.
T  +31  (0)20 660 66 00 + nakiesnummer 0391
serge.beaumont@xxxxxxxxx
www.sogeti.nl

Disclaimer:
This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the property of Sogeti Nederland B.V. or its Group members. It is intended only for the person to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy, disseminate, distribute, or use this message or any part thereof. If you receive this message in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete all copies of this message.

Back to the top