From: Helen Hawkins <HAWKINSH@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 3:20 PM
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [aspectj-users] IBM's Websphere App Developer Issue

Hi Chandra,

If you're still having problems, could you send me the information Adrian
asked for below (AJDT version number, WSAD version etc.) so that I can have
a look at this too? It also might be worth raising an AJDT bug and we can
continue to investigate this problem there.

Thanks, Helen

Helen Hawkins
AJDT Development
hawkinsh@xxxxxxxxxx

Adrian Powell

om> To
Sent by: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
aspectj-users-adm cc
in@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject
Re: [aspectj-users] IBM's Websphere 29/12/2004 17:54 App Developer Issue

Please respond to
aspectj-users

Chandra,

There are some known bugs with the AspectJ integration with WSAD's EJB
Generation tools, but the stack traces look different. I'm not involved
with the AspectJ development, but I have been using it with WSAD for a
little while. If you'd like to send me some more info (AJDT version
number, WSAD version) and maybe a small sample project with this problem or
steps to reproduce it, I can try to replicate it and figure out if there
are any work arounds.

cheers,
-adrian.
--
Adrian Powell
Centre for IBM e-Business Innovation :: Vancouver

"Chandra Sreeraman"

Sent by: To
aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

12/29/2004 09:00 AM Subject
[aspectj-users] IBM's
Websphere App Developer Issue
Please respond to
aspectj-users

Good Morning

I am a newbie to AspectJ. We use IBM's WSAD @ work and I have the AspectJ
plug-in installed for it. I am able to use aspects on a regualar Java
project, but not on a J2EE project - I get a compile error.

The core issue is this:
We use a lot of custom tags, but all these tags have lot's of SQL in them.
I want the developers to move away from this philosophy of combining
everything in the tags (refator existing ones and prevent future ones). I
decided to use AspectJ for this purpose. But, the plug-in I have refuses to
compile the project and throws the following error.

Any pointers would be higely helpful and thanks in advance.

Chandra

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ajdt.ui 4 0 Dec 29, 2004 11:48:55.679
!MESSAGE Compile failed.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java)
at java.lang.Throwable.(Throwable.java)
at java.lang.NullPointerException.(NullPointerException.java:63)
at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveLibraryLocations(JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:51)

at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:43)

at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(RuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:81)

at
org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(JavaRuntime.java:879)

at
org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.ajde.ProjectProperties.getClasspath(ProjectProperties.java:205)

at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.builder.Builder.build(Builder.java:150)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:427)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:125)

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:181)

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:191)

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:151)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java)
at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:165)

at
org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:265)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.java:85)
at
org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.actions.BuildSelectorAction$1.run(BuildSelectorAction.java:61)

at
org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)