Re: [aspectj-users] IBM's Websphere App Developer Issue

Chandra,

There are some known bugs with the AspectJ integration with WSAD's EJB Generation tools, but the stack traces look different.  I'm not involved with the AspectJ development, but I have been using it with WSAD for a little while.  If you'd like to send me some more info (AJDT version number, WSAD version) and maybe a small sample project with this problem or steps to reproduce it, I can try to replicate it and figure out if there are any work arounds.

cheers,
-adrian.
--
Adrian Powell
Centre for IBM e-Business Innovation :: Vancouver

"Chandra Sreeraman" <chandra@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

12/29/2004 09:00 AM

Please respond to
aspectj-users

<aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] IBM's Websphere App Developer Issue

Good Morning

I am a newbie to AspectJ. We use IBM's WSAD @ work and I have the AspectJ plug-in installed for it. I am able to use aspects on a regualar Java project, but not on a J2EE project - I get a compile error.

The core issue is this:
We use a lot of custom tags, but all these tags have lot's of SQL in them. I want the developers to move away from this philosophy of combining everything in the tags (refator existing ones and prevent future ones). I decided to use AspectJ for this purpose. But, the plug-in I have refuses to compile the project and throws the following error.

Any pointers would be higely helpful and thanks in advance.

Chandra

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ajdt.ui 4 0 Dec 29, 2004 11:48:55.679
!MESSAGE Compile failed.
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
   at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java)
   at java.lang.NullPointerException.<init>(NullPointerException.java:63)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveLibraryLocations(JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:51)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(JRERuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:43)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.RuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(RuntimeClasspathEntryResolver.java:81)
   at org.eclipse.jdt.launching.JavaRuntime.resolveRuntimeClasspathEntry(JavaRuntime.java:879)
   at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.ajde.ProjectProperties.getClasspath(ProjectProperties.java:205)
   at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.builder.Builder.build(Builder.java:150)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:427)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:125)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:181)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:191)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:151)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java)
   at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:165)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:265)
   at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Project.build(Project.java:85)
   at org.eclipse.ajdt.internal.ui.actions.BuildSelectorAction$1.run(BuildSelectorAction.java:61)
   at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)

Back to the top