[aspectj-users] can't weave using aspect in aspectpath

I'm currently using the iajc ant task (AspectJ 1.2) in a project and
I'm experiencing a problem. I want to put the aspect itself in a
different jar so that it is reusable in other parts of the projects
and it seems that this should be done through the aspectpath property,
however I can't get this to work.

What I do (copy-and-paste from build files I'm currently experimenting
with, so they're far from perfect):

* first I put the aspect and some utility classses in a jar:
<iajc outjar="dist/aadd.jar" classpathref="cp">
   <sourceroots>
      <pathelement location="${src}/be/ugent/aadd/aspect" />
      <pathelement location="${src}/be/ugent/aadd/util" />
   </sourceroots>
</iajc>

* I then try to compile the code that the aspect should be woven into:
<iajc destdir="${classes.dir}">
   <sourceroots>
      <pathelement location="${src.dir}" />
      <pathelement location="${generated.dir}" />
   </sourceroots>
   <aspectpath><pathelement location="../../aadd/dist/aadd.jar" /></aspectpath>
</iajc>

However this does not work and the aspect is not woven into the code.
If I just compile all files in one go everything is fine and the
aspect works as expected.

Am I missing something obvious? How should I go about analysing this
problem (I've tried the "verbose" output but that isn't helping me
much)?

Thanks in advance,
Peter

Back to the top