[aspectj-users] Most stable 1.2.0M1 Environment

Hi Robert,

The best environment for working with AJDT at the moment is:

Eclipse 3.0 (or 3.0.1)  & AJDT 1.2.0M1

I do demos all the time (and I'm doing one tomorrow) and that's what I will be using.

Various people have been reporting problems with 3.1 milestone builds.  We knew we definetly didn't work with 3.1M2, but it's becoming apparent we don't work well with 3.1M1 either.  It is to do with our tight integration with JDT.  The reason 1.2.0M1 looks so good and offers so many nice facilities is that it is tightly coupled to Eclipse 3.0.  We will address this shortly but in the meantime 1.2.0M1 works best on Eclipse 3.0.

regards,
Andy.
---
Andy Clement
AspectJ/AJDT

Robert Burén <robert.buren@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

18/10/2004 12:46

Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] Mirror site for ajdt?

I keep getting 403 ("Forbidden") errors when I try to download AJDT
1.1.12 and 1.2.0M1. Are there any download mirror sites for these?

(I'm using the link
http://download.eclipse.org/technology/ajdt/30/update/ajdt_1.1.12_archive.zip)

I'm actually getting kinda desperate -- I'm going to hold a
presentation on AOP and aspectJ on Wednesday, and now I can't get an
eclipse environment working... (Please see my mail from yesterday.) I
need a stable, reliable Eclipse/AJDT/AspectJ environment for demo
purposes, and I need it asap! Any help is appreciated!

/Robert