Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT breaks Checkstyle

Adrian, your solution is still spot on. I've verified the problem with the
same versions as Cyrill, and it was indeed fixed by changing the order of
the builders. In Eclipse 3.0 this can now be done directly from the
project's property page, under "Builders". Simply select "AspectJ Builder"
then press "Up". I'm not certain if AJDT could do this automatically, as
it might be Checkstyle which is explicitly looking for the Java builder.

Regards,

Matt.

--
Matt Chapman, mchapman@xxxxxxxxxx
AJDT Development, http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt

aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 24/09/2004 16:19:23:
> I am not using these versions (unfortunately), but I found the same
> problem under Eclipse 2.1 with AJDT 1.1.4.  The problem, as near as
> I could figure out, was due to a conflict between the two builders.
> In Eclipse 2.1 there is a dialog (project, right-click > properties
> > External Tool Builders) which lists the order of the builders, but
> for some reason, they cannot be changed.  We had to edit the
> project's .properties file directly.  When we moved the ajbuilder
> ahead of the CheckstyleBuilder, things worked.  Our .project file
> looked something like:
>
> <buildCommand>
>                 <name>org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.ajbuilder</name>
>                 <arguments>
>                 </arguments>
> </buildCommand>
> <buildCommand>
>                 <name>com.atlassw.tools.eclipse.checkstyle.
> CheckstyleBuilder</name>
>                 <arguments>
>                 </arguments>
> </buildCommand>
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> cheers,
> -adrian.
> --
> Adrian Powell
> Centre for IBM e-Business Innovation :: Vancouver
> apowell@xxxxxxxxxx / 604-297-3194

Back to the top