Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT breaks Checkstyle

Cyrill,

I am not using these versions (unfortunately), but I found the same problem under Eclipse 2.1 with AJDT 1.1.4.  The problem, as near as I could figure out, was due to a conflict between the two builders.  In Eclipse 2.1 there is a dialog (project, right-click > properties > External Tool Builders) which lists the order of the builders, but for some reason, they cannot be changed.  We had to edit the project's .properties file directly.  When we moved the ajbuilder ahead of the CheckstyleBuilder, things worked.  Our .project file looked something like:

<buildCommand>
                <name>org.eclipse.ajdt.ui.ajbuilder</name>
                <arguments>
                </arguments>
</buildCommand>
<buildCommand>
                <name>com.atlassw.tools.eclipse.checkstyle.CheckstyleBuilder</name>
                <arguments>
                </arguments>
</buildCommand>

Hope this helps.

cheers,
-adrian.
--
Adrian Powell
Centre for IBM e-Business Innovation :: Vancouver

Cyrill Rüttimann <ruettimac@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/24/2004 12:18 AM

Please respond to
aspectj-users

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[aspectj-users] AJDT breaks Checkstyle

Hi,

I am using checkstyle on the client and server side. But as soon as I add the
AspectJ nature to a project, checkstyle stops working. I see my "faults" only
on the server side.

Anyone has the same experience?

AJDT 1.1.12
Eclipse 3.0.1