Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT: Recent progress and upcoming releases

Hi Robert,

I hear you. We've looked into this before, but it's time to revisit it.
Please see bug 44215 and add details of your project size, and eclipse
memory allocation (your -Xmx setting).

It's probably going to take a lot of work to improve the situation
significantly, so realistically there's not enough time to do much in M1,
but we'll make it a priority for M2.

Regards,

Matt.

robert kuzelj <robert_kuzelj@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 23/09/2004 09:31:44:
> hi matt,
>
> sounds way cool.
>
> thou i have to requests i would like to see in a future release
> (that future being near hopefully).
>
> could you have a very deep look into memory usage before
> release?
>
> at the moment we are working on moderatly sized app (40k lines of
> java code and increasing). it is broken up in multiple supprojects.
> when compiling a subproject with a lot of dependencies to other
> subprojects i will crash eclipse due to OutOfMemoryExceptions.
>
> this makes usage of AJDT in eclipse almost useless. as if i cant
> compile i wont see any gutters and wont have any visualization...
>
> thank you
>
> ciao robertj

Back to the top