Re: [aspectj-users] AJDT and inpath

Alfonso Olias Sanz <aolias@xxxxxxxx> wrote on 20/09/2004 09:45:29:
> I want to wave into a third party library (mylibrary.jar) and I have
> added mylibrary.jar into the InPath section. When I wave the code I just

> not see anything in the outline view that tells me I have really
> crosscutted  that library.
>
> I have created a Foolish class that extends from the class I want to
> crosscut (the one in mylibrary.jar) and overrides the target method.
> Then If I wave the code, the Foolish class appears in the outline view.
>
> Is this alright?, that third party classes do not appear into the
> outline view of an aspect? but they are really waved. Or am I doing
> something wrong?

This is probably working correctly. The way to tell for sure is to
right-click on your project, go to the "AspectJ" property page, and select
the "Output weaving info messages to problem view" option (added in AJDT
1.1.11). Now rebuild your project, and check the problem view. You should
see an entry for each time the compiler weaves something, for example:

    Type 'mainPackage.MainClass' (MainClass.java:17) advised by before
advice from 'tracing.Trace' (Trace.aj:20)

Unfortunately AJDE doesn't receive this information, so the outline view
doesn't show when an inpath jar is woven into.

Regards,

Matt.
--
Matt Chapman, mchapman@xxxxxxxxxx