Re: [aspectj-users] Load time weaving with AspectJ?

Adrian, I've already read your interesting post.

Insn't it a bit strange that Bea supports AspectJ in its Weblogic and Ibm does not?

Have you modified the classloader or maye it is possible to add a pre-processor to the standard classloader (as I understand Bea uses this approach)?

Adrian Colyer <adrian_colyer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The capability has been in AspectJ since 1.1, but we packaged things up
and made it a lot easier to use in 1.2. The 1.2 README has some
information on this feature :

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/aspectj-home/doc/README-12.html#LTW

In addition, I wrote a short introductory blog article on the topic a
while back:

http://www.aspectprogrammer.org/blogs/adrian/2004/05/loadtime_weavin.html

BEA have a dev2dev pack which lets you use AspectJ for load-time weaving
in WebLogic (though clearly they're doing a lot of work with AspectWerkz
now too). We have used AspectJ for load-time weaving in WebSphere too
(internally), but this requires some small changes to WebSphere's
class-loading so that it would be difficult for end-users to replicate
this capability at the moment. If there are users out there who would like
us to support this feature (in WebSphere), we'd love to hear from you and
especially to hear any use-cases you have for the feature - it all helps
us to make an informed judgement about the right time and manner in which
to introduce the capabilities.

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Filippo Diotalevi
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
08/09/2004 09:06
Please respond to
aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[aspectj-users] Load time weaving with AspectJ?

Hi,
I've just read a message from Adrian Colyer in the dev-list about
load-time weaving with AspectJ and I must confess I completely missed that
feature!

Is it in AspectJ since 1.2 version or 1.1?

Can you give me some references about load-time weaving in AspectJ?
I've found only Adrian's post here:
http://www.freeroller.net/comments/colyer/Weblog/load_time_weaving_with_aspectj
But nothing else.

In particular I'd be very interested in learning how to use load-time
weaving in a real J2ee environment (such as Websphere or other app server)

Regards,

Filippo Diotalevi

---
Filippo Diotalevi
http://www.jroller.com/page/fdiotalevi
Scopri Mister Yahoo! - il fantatorneo sul calcio di Yahoo! Sport'