Re: [aspectj-users] Passing in parameters from runtime code

Depending on what web server you use, it might provide you with hooks to the creation of new sessions. What I mean to say is that it might provide some listener interface, so whenever a session is created, the interested listeners are notified.

I am guessing that if your aspect (or a helper class) will implement the listener interface, it will be able to access each session object, and from their get each of the Subject objects.

One more thing to consider: you'll probably need to change the declaration of your aspect so it is no longer a singleton.

Jonathan

Seaman, Sloan wrote:
How do I get a variable from the running code into some Aspect?

What I mean to say is that I have an web app that for each user logged in, there is a javax.security.auth.Subject object for. I'm using AspectJ to record all SQL statements that end up getting executed but how do I tie them to the Subject?

I.E. How do I get the .aj code to have an instance of the Subject object? I can't put it in a static place in memory because since it is a web app, I have to worry about threading issues.

Anyone know how I can pull this off?

Thanks!

--
Sloan