Re: [aspectj-users] Using AspectJ to generate documentation

Hi William,

AspectJ today can't do what you want: it won't let you use declare warning/declare error to bind parameters because binding is done at runtime and declare warning/error are resolved at weave time.

I have proposed in past that AspectJ allow the user to use format strings to print _statically resolvable_ context information in declare warning/error (i.e., to allow displaying a type, a method name, a file or line number).

While one could imagine a version of AspectJ that allowed use of dynamic information (like args) in a context where only static information is available, I don't think it is likely any time soon.

Ron Bodkin
Chief Technology Officer
New Aspects of Software
o: (415) 824-4690