[aspectj-users] Pointcuts and advices for third party tools

Hi:

I wonder if it is possible to define pointcuts for thirdparty tools (jars) where one does not have the source code and would not compile that code, and for example write advices
that then would log specific classes or methods of a third party jar.

From what I understand so far, the aspectj compiler needs the source code and weaves the codes with the advices to byte code and I have the feeling that defining pointcuts for jar files is not possible. I made some experiments and had no success. But maybe
I was just doing something wrong.

If someone could let me know if this is possible or not, that would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

Back to the top