[aspectj-users] [AspectJ] Why do I need aspectjrt.jar

Hi,

I want to use AspectJ 1.2 for a webMethods Integration Server (Java 1.4, but without jce.jar) project. Unfortunately the server is not running if I add a package (a Java unit) compiled with AspectJ (using 100% of system resource).
AspectJ weaves the aspect code into the existing classes. Why do I need to add the aspectjrt.jar to my project on runtime? At compile time it is clear why I need the jar file.

Cheers!
Sascha

Back to the top