[aspectj-users] Formal language specification

Hello,

    I was looking for a document which would formally describe AspectJ
language grammar and its expected behaviour but couldn't find anything like
that. Well, I am quite surprised.. Could AspectJ be taken seriously without
such a document? How can I know if given behavior is a language feature or
just a temporary compiler approach which may change in next release?
    I have some real life examples which are confusing me and I have no
reliable source where I could check how should they work. What do you think?

Regards,
Luke

Back to the top