Re: [aspectj-users] How to disable [Xlint:typeNotExposedToWeaver] and is it a bad warning

You can disable the warning, but you might not want to....

As the error message suggests, this is an Xlint warning: Xlint warnings
can be individually tailored for severity levels (error, warning, ignore),
by passing the ajc compiler the -Xlintfile option, and specifying a
properties file adhering to the format in
org/aspectj/weaver/XlintDefault.properties (see the AspectJ Development
Environment Guide linked from the AspectJ Documentation page, or included
in the doc directory of the AspectJ distribution).

Now for why you might not want to disable the warning - it's telling you
something of potential importance. You asked AspectJ to make
org.geotools.feature.FeatureType and any types that extend it implement
AutoPersist. If the type FeatureType is not available ('exposed to') the
weaver, then ajc cannot implement your declare parents request for that
type. If you meant to only add the interface to your own subtypes of
FeatureType, then in this case you could write:

 (org.geotools.feature.FeatureType+ && !org.geotools.feature.FeatureType)

-- Adrian
Adrian_Colyer@xxxxxxxxxx

Hristo Stoyanov <hr_stoyanov@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
29/07/2004 00:30
Please respond to
aspectj-users

aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[aspectj-users] How to disable [Xlint:typeNotExposedToWeaver] and is it a
bad warning

Ha all-,
I am getting this warning with AJC1.2:
PerstGeometry.aj:14 warning this affected type is not
exposed to the weaver:
org.geotools.feature.FeatureType
[Xlint:typeNotExposedToWeaver]
declare parents:
                    (
                           com.vividsolutions.jts..
org.geotools.feature.AttributeType+
org.geotools.feature.Feature+
org.geotools.feature.FeatureType+
org.geotools.feature.FeatureCollection+
                    )  implements AutoPersist;

I do not understand why AJC insists on having the Java
source code - if it happens to be J2SE 5.0 stuff (with
generics, enums,etc.) - it won't understand it... I am
pretty sure AJC has access to the compiled class,
since I can clearly see the relevant jar file with on
the AJC's classpath?

How do I disable this warning and is it dangerous?

Thanks
Hristo