Re: [aspectj-users] ajdt feedback part II

hi matt,

- no code completion
  whether in a aj file or a java file there is no
  code completion.
  windows->preferences->Java -> editor -> templates
  shows no sign of any aspectj related template.

We support simple template-style code completion. These completions should be listed under the preferences for Java -> Editor -> Templates - here I see 34 AspectJ related templates, ranging from adviceexecution to withincode. I can for example type "tjp" in some advice (in an aj file or java file) and press ctrl-space to see completions for thisJoinPoint and thisJoinPointStaticPart. I can't imagine why this isn't working for you, regardless of your project organisation. Please could you raise an AJDT bug for this, with details of your environment, and we'll start investigating.
as i said i dont see anything related to aspectj in the templates
bug id: 70405

Support for showing inter-type declarations in the gutter and visualiser is new for this release. I've just been trying various combinations now. With both the base aspect and the concrete aspect as source files in the same project, it works okay - the advice is contained in the base aspect, so the advice markers point there. I then moved the base aspect into a jar file in that project, and removed the source and class files for the base aspect. Now in the outline view for the class being advised, I see nodes saying things like "advised by (with runtime test)" pointing to "injar aspect: AbstractTest.aj", which seems reasonable. But I don't see any gutter annotations for that, and therefore nothing in the visualiser. I'll raise a bug to add the markers in this case. Does this reflect the problem you're seeing?
as i dont know if the absence of gutters and aspects in the visualizer
are interrelated bugs i dont know what happens. but indeed i dont see
any of those for abstract aspects. and again yes your description is
more or less correct.

btw. in my project that contains all of the abstract aspects i do have
also concrete ones for testcases. there of course i see everything
displayed correctly in thge visualizer.

None at all, or just in the case of abstract aspects in jar files as above? If none at all, can you verify that things are working for you in the simple case by trying one of the bundled examples, such as File -> New -> Other -> AspectJ -> AspectJ Examples -> TJP Example, and then if that works, we'll have to explore your setup in more detail. Again, this is probably best done in an AJDT bug report.
that works and it works if i have a concrete not inherited aspect within
my project.

ciao robertj

Back to the top