[aspectj-users] ajdt feedback part II

hi,

i collected some more issues with v 1.1.11 of AJDT

- no code completion
  whether in a aj file or a java file there is no
  code completion.
  windows->preferences->Java -> editor -> templates
  shows no sign of any aspectj related template.
- inheritance
  there are huge issues with inheritance in aspects
  - intertype declarations are not shown in the visializer
  - weave points for advices are not shown if the
    base aspect defines them an the concrete aspect
    declares only the concrete pointcuts.
  this maybe due to my project organisation where i have
  a project/jar that contains a lot of abstract aspects.
- no gutter markers nowhere.

<sigh> i must admit i am quite frustrated. the _main_ reason
for me to switch to eclipse from intellij was better support
for aspectj. which of course it does as intellij had quite
none. but intellij is still so much ahead of eclipse in terms
of usuability for java that i often regret the switch.

hope things get better soon :-|

nevertheless i know that building such a project is quite a
task and so i am still gratefull for the work of both the
apsectj-team and the ajdt-team.

ciao robertj

Back to the top