AW: [aspectj-users] Runtime Configuration

Hi Jeff,

You could do the following: (I used a similar approach in my projects)

-          use the avalon framework and let aspects implement the Configurable interface (or use an aspect…)

-          have an aspect that matches constructor executions of aspects that are configurable

-          configure these aspects with a configuration child based upon the class name of the aspect

-          weakly register the aspect instance

-          on changes of the configuration file reconfigure Reconfigurable aspects

-          in the configuration file have an “enabled” attribute or element and configure the aspect accordingly

-          use if(enabled) in pointcuts

Vincenz