[aspectj-users] [newbie] General help needed here.....

First, thanks to Rod, Adrian, and Ramnivas for their help the other day.  I
think I'm starting to get the hang of this....

That being said, I'm stuck as to why the following doesn't work.  I've just
upgraded to the AJDT 1.1.11 plug-in, if it matters.

Here's the aspect :

	public aspect MemberSolutions_BaseActionAspect
	{
	    // ~ Pointcut definitions

	    pointcut actionCall() :
	        (call(public ActionForward
Logon_Action.execute(ActionMapping, ActionForm, HttpServletRequest,
HttpServletResponse)));

	    // ~ Advice definitions

	    before() : actionCall()
	    {
	        System.out.println("here i am");
	    }
	}

and the class I'm trying to weave it into :

	public class Logon_Action extends Action
	{
	    public ActionForward execute(ActionMapping _actionMapping,
	            ActionForm _actionForm, HttpServletRequest _request,
	            HttpServletResponse _response)
	    {
	        Logon_ActionForm form = (Logon_ActionForm) _actionForm;
	        return null;
	    }
	}

Everything compiles OK (no errors, anyway), but when I check the class I
don't see any indication that the aspect is being applied.  I expect to see
an indicator on the first statement of the class....

I'm probably being dense on this, and it's something really stupid, but I
can't seem to figure it out.  Any help?

Thanks guys!

Jerry Jalenak
Development Manager, Web Publishing
LabOne, Inc.
10101 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS  66219
(913) 577-1496

jerry.jalenak@xxxxxxxxxx

This transmission (and any information attached to it) may be confidential and
is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for
delivering the transmission to the intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this transmission in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this information is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify
LabOne at the following email address: securityincidentreporting@xxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top