Re: [aspectj-users] Is this a bug or my pointcut problem?

Thanks Wes for getting back to me.

However you've confused me further! ;)

The call signature is the same for overriding methods, so
the pointcut will pick out those methods as well.
Similarly for target: a subtype is an instance of that type.
So I suspect the pointcut is doing what you asked.

So what you are saying then, that the fully qualified package declaration in my pointcut is unnecessary? Yes/No

The classes have no relationship to one another; they are not subclassed from one another or even contain references to each other. They just happen to share the same method signature.

Surely that has to be a bug?

[what am i missing?]

Back to the top