RE: [aspectj-users] AspectJ in large scale development projects.

Perfect, this will help me to have a smooth introduction of aspectJ in the builld process of the project.

Can the same principle be used in Eclipse?

Jan

From: philipvanbogaert@xxxxxxxxxx
To: aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [aspectj-users] AspectJ in large scale development projects.
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 11:07:44 +0200

Yes,
Java project is a plain old java project (which can compile it own sources).
everything keeps on working (refactoring, incremental compilation, etc).

Aspect project which uses an ant task to build .
1) compile aspects only.
2) weave them into the compiled java classes using inpath (=classes) and
aspectpath (=compiled aspects)

Greetz,
Philip
 my build.xml:
<project basedir="." name="profile" default="weave">
	<property name="classes" value="C:\Philip\03_Development\classes"/>
	<property name="aspects" value="aspects"/>
	<property name="dest" value="dest/classes"/>
	<property name="lib" value="lib"/>
	<property name="aspects.jar" value="${lib}/aspects.jar"/>

<taskdef resource="org/aspectj/tools/ant/taskdefs/aspectjTaskdefs.properties"
classpath="C:\java\aspectj1.2\lib\aspectjtools.jar"/>

	<target name="build-aspects">
		<iajc sourceroots="src" destdir="${aspects}">
			<classpath>
				<fileset dir="${lib}"/>
				<path location="${classes}"/>
			</classpath>
		</iajc>
		<jar jarfile="${aspects.jar}" basedir="${aspects}"/>
	</target>

	<target name="copy-resources">
		<copy todir="${dest}">
			<fileset dir="${classes}" excludes="**.class"/>
		</copy>
	</target>

	<target name="weave" depends="build-aspects,copy-resources">
		<iajc inpath="${classes}" aspectpath="${aspects.jar}" destdir="${dest}">
			<classpath>
				<fileset dir="${lib}"/>
			</classpath>
		</iajc>