RE: [aspectj-users] args() evaluation and around advice interaction

>  > Was surprised to find out that aspectJ 1.1.1
>  > has no provision to advice a mix of around and
>  > before/after advice, all defined to have same
>  > parameter types.
>
> This is an overstatement; the issue is only with
> using args() with adviceexecution().

I'm confused. It seems like what's going on here is just a bug.
If the around closure isn't documented, then it shouldn't show
up in args???

>    AspectJ does not require implementations to present
>    arguments at the advice execution join point in the
>    form they are declared in the advice, so using args(..)
>    on advice-execution is not recommended.

We wouldn't want to say this. Instead, we might say that
at an advice execution join point there is nothing for args
to match. Or we could say exactly what it does match. But as
much as possible, we want legal AspectJ programs to always
execute the same way. So we wouldn't say "not recommended".

Back to the top