RE: [aspectj-users] RE: newbie: wildcards in pointcuts

Ok, sorry if I misunderstood and represented your thoughts falsely. I'm
aware I'm a newbie in this field.
I understand what you're saying: in my case annotating with a tag
"to_be_publicized_on_queue" would be not suitable for reuse while the tag
"boundary_service" would be correct.

It's just that I really like the immediate feedback the javacompiler gives
when I refer to a class or method that does not exist.
Using wildcards I get the feeling that I suddenly dropped from the world
of Java to Javascript where I only find out at runtime if the system that
we deployed does include the aspect correctly. Since I'm the only
developer on the project right now who has some grasp of aspects the build
could easily be broken without anybody finding out until the system is
running. As you can imagine this makes me uneasy.
Is there something in the works for the aspect-compiler that provides this
kind of immediate feedback, in the appropriate cases, for pointcuts that
do not refer to any joinpoints?

I hope I'm not rekindling an argument that has already been beaten to
death on the mailing-list.
*ducks* Don't hit me, I'm just a newbie!  :-)

groetjes uit nederland,

Joost de Vries