RE: [aspectj-users] RE: newbie: wildcards in pointcuts

I'm not opposed to using metadata tags in pointcuts. I think there
are cases where that is exactly what you want. What I have tried to
say, but not very clearly, is that doing this all the time would be
a shame, because it violates the nice non-invasive property of using
other kinds of pointcuts. And that when you do use such tags, the
tags should be named for a property of what is true of those methods,
not for what the aspect will do. That makes the tags more reusable
by other aspects, in other configurations etc.

Back to the top