Re: [aspectj-users] Trace StackOverflowError with AspectJ?

Look at "handler()" for catching exceptions using AspectJ.

As far as StackOverflow, what value does the calls after the exception
bring?  The calls leading to the error should be more valuable in that case
and should be available in the stack trace.  Usually do to some unwanted
never ending recursion.

As far as class loading, I've put it in my ear personally.  I would be
interested to hear if you run into any issues with putting it in the main
classpath though for future reference.

Thanks...djsuarez

"Bernhard Lenz" <BLenz@xxxxxxxxxxx>@eclipse.org on 29 Feb 2004 21:59

Please respond to aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:    aspectj-users-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

To:    <aspectj-users@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:    [aspectj-users] Trace StackOverflowError with AspectJ?

 This message originated from the Internet.  Its originator may or
 may not be who they claim to be and the information contained in
 the message and any attachments may or may not be accurate.

We currently experience a StackOverflowError in our Entity Bean package
(using Weblogic). The error so far has been very elusive and I believe that
AspectJ might bring me closer to why and where the error actually occurs.
Now since I'm totally new to AOP and AspectJ I'd like to ask you for your
help. The questions that come to my mind are

* What would be a good approach using AspectJ to declare an advice for
every
call in our Entity Bean Package (e.g. com.mycompany.model.*) which gets
executed right after a StackOverflowError gets thrown? Can I use an after()
advice and make it dependent on a StackOverflowError or is the around()
advice better which then would wrap the actual call in a
try{...}catch(StackOverflowError e) {...}.

* I couldn't find any good AspectJ examples that use error handling. Can
you
mail me some examples or maybe point me to some?

* The Entity Beans are package in a jar which then in turn gets packaged
into an ear. Are there any classloader issues I should be aware of? Can I
put aspectjrt.jar in the global classpath or do I need to package
aspectjrt.jar into the ear?

Your help is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Bernie